About last week, I have done not so much things as I like it, but I should improve this week and to do a better performance.
The goals of the week #1 were:
0. Planning my development infrastructure with thing like blog, what wiki pages to build, etc.
1. Formatting my machine because some problems at my operative systems.
- Linux : I have 64 bits versions of ubuntu but was not stable as I want it, and because that I'm going to install 32 bits version (and try it if don't like I return to debian :) ).
- Win: I don't need to explain why I should format a machine with windows every certain time (1 year or less), because it's windows it just begin to do crazy things, and when this happen it's time to reinstall a fresh copy of it.
- Linux: As usual I don't have any big troubles, nothing out of common.
- Win: On this plataform :( my sad face said everything, I have installed windows vista 32 bits or probably it's should be rename to windows BUGista, I have a lot of problems, nothing works, windows said about patches that I must install, I try to install windows patches and then said me "we don't detect any application that need this patch". Well after a lot of research (because M$ is not clear in their problems with his patches), my operating system my s.o. reboot endless (a bug found about 4 months ago) but today they force you to install the update that causes that bug :( , then after install all patches, the patches solve problem partially. FINAL SOLUTION: create a need partition, install my old copy of windows XP, and then everything works fine after loosing almost 3 days trying to fix vista, which I strongly believe it's impossible. And after all this problem I read an article from M$ saying that they users wants Windows Vista.... I Want... but I Want to burn my copy of it... after a M$ refund... :)
4. Planning to do fix a bug (a very easy bug not big ones) hunting on the project.
This was my self-imposed homework, but I can do it because all problems on my development enviroment configuration, and because the bug that dave send me, cannot be reproduced by me... :( I was needing a bug but I cannot find it... Well this requiere a new point of View, I'm going to study and document part of the internal function of pgAdmin to start to get deeper into the source code.
5. I assist to an installfest at my city.
Finally my original proposal for GSoC 2008 can be located at:
The name it's Graphical SQL Query Builder Improvement for pgAdmin III and if you check the google map you can see my house :)