domingo, 27 de julio de 2008
First public pre-alpha release of GQB (Graphical Query Builder) for pgAdmin
I have been working on improve my Google Summer of Code Project: http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Gsoc08-querybuilder for a while, and today I'm going to release what I believe it's the first public pre-alpha release that I sent to pgadmin-hackers list, as you notice this release is for testing only an i'ts provided with no warranty :)
Now with the project you can:
0. Create a graphical model of a query sentence. (to add a table just double click on it on the left tree, tables are added at same place please move to other position by drag & drop from the title)
1. Create some simple queries involving joins (only equality joins right now), only drag and drop column from one table to another
2. Order the columns in the projection part of sentence (Select x,y,z...), and add columns alias in a grid
3. Add some restrictions (not validate content yet, a parser should be done in next days)
4. Create synonymous for tables just double click on table title an write synonymous on dialog.
I'm hoping for feedback, any ideas, suggestions or bug reporst are important to improve next releases.
Where is located GQB inside pgAdmin?
At SQL Editor in a top tab you can choose between normal editor & gqb.
Can I try it without applying a patch and compiling it?
Yes, download binary (sorry binary for windows this time) at rapidshare:
Where is located the patch?
Publicado por Xiul en 0:29